Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advocating for change

chibam
Senior Contributor

Survey on The National Suicide Prevention Strategy

The Mental Health Commission is running a survey on it's new Suicide Prevention Strategy:
https://haveyoursay.mentalhealthcommission.gov.au/draft-advice-national-suicide-prevention-strategy

The survey closes on 27 October.

They request that responders first read their Suicide Prevention Strategy (a 102-page document! 😳) before filling out the survey; but there's also a 13-page summary version of the strategy. I don't know about you, but I suspect I'll have to pick and choose which parts of the main document I can make time for, and rely on the summary for everything else.

I know it seems a bit daunting, but IMHO, the government needs to hear from people like us - especially if you are suicidal like me - as people from outside our mindset never seem to grasp the issues properly, and tend to adopt some awful policy positions as a result. So if you can find the time and strength, I think it'd be really worthwhile for you to make your voice heard on this one.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Survey on The National Suicide Prevention Strategy

Thanks for posting this @chibam 

Thankyou @chibam 

Thankfully, it is only a request.

I am reading summary now.

I am unsure how much I can offer, however, I feel this is very important subject.

Thanks👍🏻

No problem, @RachSANECEO , @StanD . 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance