Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events and updates

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Father's Day 2024

Howdy Forumites!!

As you may know, Father’s Day is coming up this Sunday 1st September. For some, it is a day of celebration, where we honour our fathers and celebrate the many wonderful joys of being a dad. For others, it can be a very challenging time of crappy feelings and uncomfortable reminders.

No matter what your experience of the day, this space welcomes all of it. We invite you to come sit, and share if you like, your thoughts and feelings about this day.

This conversation can be a toughie, so if you find yourself with feelings of distress or need to talk it out with someone, please contact the SANE Help Centre, Lifeline or SCBS, Mensline, or 1800 RESPECT  for some additional support.

@tyme @Ru-bee @rav3n @RiverSeal @Anastasia @BPDSurvivor @Eve7 @Faith-and-Hope @Flying_Hams @Judi9877 @outlander @Shaz51 @Snowie @wellwellwellnez

1 REPLY 1

Re: Father's Day 2024

My dad told me he was home this weekend (works away) we made lunch plans, I thought that was weird I then realised it was father's day. We've never had lunch alone and my nervous system is in overdrive, we have a very argumentive relationship but it's unique to see him reach out especially after the year I've had. I just wanted to say it as I'm sitting waiting for him to arrive for lunch. Thank you for the space to write not everyone is excited for father's day, it's definitely been hard for me years gone by.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance