cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Fizz
Bushfire Community Ambassador

Caravans plugging holes in South Coast housing crisis

"A NSW Far South Coast group that has provided 65 caravans to people made homeless by the Black Summer bushfires says its resources are being overwhelmed by demand for housing in the region.

The Social Justice Advocates of the Sapphire Coast (SJASC) says there is an urgent need for both transitional and sustainable long-term social housing in Bega Valley Shire, with many people in danger of being left behind as the government and community turns its attention to COVID-19 related issues.

“The situation was dire in late-2019 and was then made far worse by the Black Summer bushfires,” said SJASC chairperson Mick Brosnan. “Government assistance, while appreciated, is often hampered by procedure and slow to arrive, and the situation remains desperate.”

He said agencies in neighbouring Eurobodalla Shire are expressing identical concerns."
Whole story here:
https://aboutregional.com.au/caravans-plugging-holes-in-south-coast-housing-crisis/?utm_medium=faceb...

1 REPLY 1

Re: Caravans plugging holes in South Coast housing crisis

Yes @Fizz the ripples are so wide, and feel like some communities will be facing these issues well into this year, probably longer. Stable housing is just so important, even more so for people who have lived through such trauma. I'm grateful that aspect of my life is under control, though Black Summer is on my mind a lot - unhappy memories and sadness.

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: