Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Loneliness

@Lite yeah I feel you. I sometimes feel my family don't care what happens to me. My sister is distant & preoccupied. Both parents have mental illness. I find solace in being with my pets, walking in nature & sometimes connecting with people online.

here for you @Lila3 , @Lite , @EternalFlower if you like some company 

@Former-Member , @tyme , @Jynx 

Thanks for sharing what helps you @Lila3 - so great to bounce these ideas off each other.

Please don't placate me by saying some people feel alone even with family.  That is very demeaning and negates my valid feelings that my family have all died young.

So sorry how you are @Lite 

No one means for you to feel this. 

I don't know how you feel but am here to read how you cope. 

My partner wakes up late every morning and puts the horrible television every morning but when I'm angry and annoyed that I have to cope with this I forget real loneliness. 

You are valid in what your writing. 

How? @Shaz51 

Thanks @PeppyPatti.. TBH because of my age most people have no idea that my family is all dead.  It's a hard road to walk down alone and with people's expectations that at my age I'd still have my parents alive.  I understand some people feel alone with their family but if you told me chopping off my legs would bring parents back I'd do it without hesitation.  I have no support and I don't know how to find it.

How, by sharing and caring ,chatting about things @Lite 

what would you like to know about me ?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Lite 🙂🌺

im really sorry to hear you’re so alone and feeling so isolated, it’s really so harsh a feeling…please know you’re amongst people here who can really understand and empathise with you.. I also live without family or friends and have no supports at all, while living alone. 
I know how crushing that can be, and I want to acknowledge and validate that you’re heard and seen here on the forums 🌺💜

Chatting here has been an enormous boost to how I think of myself, how I care for my mental health, and how I don’t hold myself accountable or at fault for having no support - it’s just the way things have happened. 

That grating, abrasive loneliness has softened for me while being here, and I hope that for you, the same sense of community sitting with and supporting you is something you’ll also experience here 🙂

Reach out any time to any of us - you very much belong 🌺🙂

@Shaz51 @tyme @Blackbird11 @Jynx 

Me too @Former-Member 

@Lila3 @Shaz51 @cloudcore @EternalFlower @Former-Member @tyme @Lite 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance