Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Writing and receiving letters via virtual post

Dear Friend,

A very good morning to all, 

I too am an early riser,

for I have a sleep disorder.

Doctor wants a strict routine

so my seizure will always be checked in. 

@NatureLover 

Welcome my dear Kanga friend,

you'll always have Pooh as your morning friend.

Just drop in whenever you can,

We will always remember our Kanga friend.

Dear Kanga,

you're always the perfect fit,

how can you ever not see it?

Pooh will always give that big bear hug,

so Kanga will feel warm in the heart.

@Anastasia 

Such a lovely story you have written,

your voice will never be forgotten.

Always wise as an Owl,

your experiences will carry you far.

Too much in the mind

will make you wise.

Too much in the heart 

will make you kind.

As our friends would say,

"Piglet: 'How do you spell love?'
Pooh: 'You don't spell it, you feel it'."

Take care my dear friends,

enjoy a bright sunny day!

Your Pooh Bear,

Always.

Smiley Happy

This thread is a little confusing & I hope I'm not posting the wrong thing. This is a
letter I would like to send to a family member who is unique to me, the only one
of their kind. But in reality sending it would not help the situation. I'm hoping
posting it from a virtual post office, will help me - that's all.

Dear Family Member,

I am still so totally devastated by what you did and how you treated me when I needed your
love and support the most; but I also still love you, all of these feelings will never stop.
You have condemned me to the most bitter conflict of emotions until the end of my time.
You have done that, your decisions, your actions - why?
I've always done my best for you, I know that simply being an individuals best, does not
mean it's good enough. If your doing your best, it's not good enough for me. It seems
we're not good enough for each other, and that is the saddest thing I've ever had to come
to terms with, I know I never really will.
I was a huge influence in your life, so I have to accept my part in the responsibility of how
you developed the thoughts & emotions that led to your actions. So I want to tell you I'm
sorry. I'm sorry for all the hurt you've received and all the hurt you've caused, for all the
anger & confusion, for all the regret and missed opportunities.
You are a good person. Nobody really knows another, I'd go as far as to say nobody really
knows themselves. Every new experience reveals a new aspect, for everyone, including
ourselves. I spent a lot of time with you throughout your life, until our connection was
lost. In that time you gave me so much joy, pride, love & such a deep feeling of belonging.
That's why it hurts so much now.
I miss all the positives you gave me for all that time. So I want to Thank you. Thank you
for the love and support, for the family and the special memories we made, for the bond
we shared for so long and the feeling that we belonged together. It is the loss of those
things that is so devastating.
I want you to know you do not owe me any money, what you would have received paid
out the bank & all other debt - that I do want to tell you, hurt a lot, how much you were
willing to take. I also want you to know it has left me with very little.
Despite the whirlwind twisting hurricane of emotions, I still think you were worth it. I hope
it helped you & your children, I hope your life is better now.
I love you.

@Exoplanet 💞🙏

Hello @Sophia1 

I see you online. Thank you for providing this space...

Good morning Winnie, Eeyore, Kanga, Piglet, Christopher Robin,Owl and all of the Pooh Bear friends.

@Exoplanet 

Your letter was exactly what I was aiming for when I started the thread. If you read my first Dear Friend one, I was writing virtually to a friend in real life. The letter never to be sent. 

The letter written as a way of releasing some of the pain and hurt I have felt not just from that one friend, mainly from my family.

I have a letter to write to different family members also that is very deep and will assist in helping me on my journey of releasing judgemental feelings from a lifetime of never being enough.

There is no right or wrong style of letter.

Letters are a way of writing whatever is on your mind as well as forming a bond by reading each others and building strong relationships.

Letters are far better than much of social media  for me.

This is not the case for everyone as we are all unique.

So please keep on writing in whatever style you like @Exoplanet  

Writing that letter to your family member took so much courage and strength. So please be gentle with yourself and tell that voice in your head if it starts questioning your actions, to take a hike.

You are so welcome here @Exoplanet  (not sure if you have been given a pseudonym as part of The Pooh Bear troop or not. Should you like one @Lilaca is doing a very good job of allocating names along with describing the traits for each character.)

Having said that about a pseudonym name it is definitely not a must.

All are welcome to be guests of our merry band.

Hello @Lilaca @Anastasia @NatureLover @Oaktree @Exoplanet @Shaz51 @NatureLover Kim-Maree

Tigger is not good with computers even though he has used them many times.

Could someone please help Tigger to add Kim-Maree?

I have to say @Exoplanet I am confused myself now laugh. I started all of this.😆

I do believe that whoever Roo is (possibly Kim-Maree) is artistic.

Wonderful we would love to have some sketches of our characters if that is something that you would enjoy as well as feel comfortable with.

Put your hand up anyone else. 

All  welcome to contribute.

We are meeting at a cave up the hill, on the other side I believe.

There will of course be honey. Please feel welcome to bring along something to share.

Tigger is so very excited and jumping for joy.

Tigger can also  be a bit  cheeky so might have to  delicately be reminded not to walk all over everyone.

love to you all dear friends

look forward to receiving my letters

Tigger

@Anastasia 

I am sorry my fuzzy head is coming back. I cannot remember which character you are at the moment.

I read your heartfelt letter and again it helps me to know that I have helped people to write a dear friend letter releasing so much pain that I know would have been carried around and hurt you for so long.

You as is @Exoplanet are very articulate and have such beautiful personalities.

I always read love and compassion between the lines.

Please do not feel guilty or that you  should not have written the letter which is something that I might do, question myself. 

Families cause so many of our problems growing up with their high judgemental, dismissing standards.

I had a similar life span to what you wrote over so many years also making wrong choices with people entering my life.

At the moment I too am feeling vulnerable from my  family member situation. I use the words family member, as person is very astute, has an high IQ and though never working, or doing much school work after mid primary school is doing a cert 1V course. Has also visited the sane website.

So I am careful.

I will write a Dear Friend letter on another day.

Husband hovering and wanting the computer.

I  too try to limit my time on here.

Hard when I am now receiving letters from all over the country. Just imagine that dear fellow Winnie troopers.

Love to each and everyone of you.

This has helped me in more ways than you can imagine.

I also love to know that I have helped others, helping me to  believe more in myself.

@Lilaca @NatureLover @Oaktree @Shaz51 @Emelia8 and all who visit including those I have forgotten or cannot work out how to  tage      Phew 

💛💚💙💜

Thank you @Sophia1 

I was hesitant to write my letter due to the nature of the posts after your initial one, I had thought it through offline and when I returned to this thread I realised I was deviating from the fun, hence my warning to begin with. The last thing I wanted to do was bring the fun to a halt. I just couldn't sleep and felt that what you had provided me with was a seed that grew enough for me to write my letter. So thank you for your kind words. I am sorry that you can relate to some of what my experiences are. 

Its nice to meet you @Exoplanet 

I love your avatar! 

On a brighter note, I am happy to play along and be Owl, thank you @Lilaca @Oaktree @NatureLover and everyone ..tagging limited in phone but I'm just not in the headspace to find my inner child at present. I'm grateful to be included and appreciate your patience with me. 🙏🌹

@Lilaca 

thank you my very dear friend 

hope you are going ok today 

you asked me my friend @Lilaca Heart

Would love to listen to your story
whenever you have time
and if you can. ---, I was emotionally and mentally abused by my father , I have lots of physical problems 

I am carer for my elderly and frail mum who is 90 

My husband has lots of different diagnosis including Bipolar 2 and many others 

I have 4 step children who are all adults now and all have MI of some degrees 

Hello @Sophia1@Anastasia@Exoplanet@NatureLover@Oaktree@Ripples 

your`s forever Heart

Dear @Shaz51 

My brave friend; I have read some of your story over the years, not all though.

You are a shining star and all of the love you share with everyone is appreciated far more than you probably realise.

You include so many and have a bright, smiling voice, that can be heard between your words, if you listen very, very carefully.

You are one of the members here whom I met in my early days and we exchanged many conversations about you and Mr Shaz.

Take care lovely lady

Sophia

alias Tigger

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance