Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Re: My Mosaic

Aww cute @Snowie the intergenerational Lego inheritance 😋

@Bow well the way tyme talked about it it's definitely for adults! They even have an adults only session so I guess it's pretty good! If I end up going I'll report back and let you know if it's worth the trip!

Bow
Senior Contributor

@Jynx  You got plans for when you finish work tonight?? What’s for dinner. 

I had toast- mum made me. Really not hungry today. But I’ve drank a whole heap of OJ! 

fingers crossed to waking up feeling a little better tomorrow 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow probably gonna nip to the shops to grab stuff for dinner! Thinking of whipping up a kangaroo stew 😋

Well I hope you haven't had to spend the whole day running to the loo haha. 

Yes fingers and tootsies very crossed!! Do you have anything on tomorrow? Hopefully just resting so this sickness doesn't smack ya too hard eh?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Oh kangaroo stew @Jynx  i ain’t had that in a very long time! My dad use to go shooting with his mates when I was a little kid, often brining home roo meat…. And the baby Roos to raise.  It was nice as a stew. 

I’ll tell ya what…. I have certainly been getting up for the loo a lot more the last few days. My bladder just ain’t use to so much fluids so screams at me with just a cup!

suppose to have arts and craft. Doubt I’ll be well enough though and don’t wanna go spread my germs. So probably just another day in bed. Although may duck to the post office, cause despite us being home all day the postman took my passport to the post office 😩

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow oh wow cool! Did you ever use the gun? I generally abhor guns, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see what it's like to actually fire one! 

Yeah for sure, like I keep getting told I ought to stay hydrated but when I drink 2L water in a day I also manage to go to the loo like twenty bajillion times hahaha. Why are these flesh puppets we inhabit so darn inconvenient!! Like legit, if I could I would sleep for a month straight each year, eat one HUMONGOUS feast each month, and have those be all I needed to just go about my life. Instead we gotta sleep every day AND eat three times a day? Bogus 🤣

Aww noooo - both at the prospect of missing arts n crafts AND at having to go to the post office when sick. Yuck. 

Could you do some crafty stuff at home? Or even in bed? Haha bedtime crafting! Except oh woops now there's paint on the sheets (yep, that'd be me lol). 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Nah never touched it @Jynx  was always in its locked box by the time they got back to the house. I don’t like guns. 

Yep, drink more…. But then I gotta pee more! Oh the horror of having a pelvic ultrasound @Jynx you gotta drink 1lt and then hold. And you bet the ultrasound technician is always running late!!! And then they have the hive to say sorry not full enough 🤬 or just go let a littlebut out.  
Oh hibernation?!! But can you sleep summer away though???

I’ll probably do more Lego. Or some colouring in. Or prep my bullet journal. 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow oh noooo don't tell me that, if my current urinalysis comes back inconclusive they're totally gonna make me get one of those!! Funnnnnn 😒

Yes summer hibernation for sure!! The heat makes me cranky and tired anyway lol. Like if after the xmas feasting I could just sleep away all of January, that would be soooo good. Note to self: reincarnate as a bear 🐻😂

Niiiice bujo ftw!! I gotta do up a new one too, I just haven't managed to force myself back into the habit of keeping a diary. Which is really not helping me, I'm disorganised enough as it is 😅 You gonna decorate it? Lots of sparkly gel pens and pretty highlighters I hope!

Bow
Senior Contributor

 A nice squishy bear @Jynx  that gives amazing hugs!!

I’ve been doing more of my journal today while resting in bed. 
I have some yearly trackers, that I set up once for the year and track lots of things

IMG_9150.jpeg

IMG_9151.jpeg

IMG_9152.jpeg

  

IMG_9153.jpeg

IMG_9154.jpeg

IMG_9155.jpeg

  

and then I set up a monthly few pages 

IMG_9146.jpeg

IMG_9147.jpeg

IMG_9148.jpeg

IMG_9149.jpeg

I find it a cool and motivating way to do a journal. There have been times were I have slacked off though. But while I’ve been sick I have been planning a head and doing a few months in advance. 

my psych finds it heaps helpful to go though it at the beginning of sessions. 

WOW @Bow 

I have never seen anything like that before.

It looks like a great way of keeping track of how we are doing/feeling, what we are doing, even getting fluids into us.

It would take some effort however filling it in everyday. All I can say is well done for being persistent and following through with it.

It must have taken a bit to set up too. 

That is such a good idea to do. Did you start doing this yourself or did one of your supports set it up with you?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yeah it takes a little while to set it up @Snowie  lots of creativity!  Which I don’t mind to be honest. So the year spreads were all done and then I needed to do the monthly ones. I’ve done nearly through to the end of the year now.

i seen it on TikTok. Searched Pinterest for more ideas. Got my journal for next year already. 

how’s your day going?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance