Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday //The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing! // Tues 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT

That made me smile to imagine your connection with Squeaker @Adge even as a 'look but no touch' connection.

It's really hard to think of specific examples when there are so many @Lauz. Recently I was unwell and lying on the lounge on my tummy feeling very sad and sorry for myself. My Mouse cat crawled on to my back and put her head high up on my shoulder and one of her paws down towards my face. It was like she was reaching out to me to let me know I wasn't alone and she was sitting with me through it. I found it so comforting.

I'm on the floor at the moment as she is ealking around banging her head into my face wanting kisses. I think she knows I'm talking about her 😁

Re: Topic Tuesday //The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing! // Tues 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT

@Adge I love the name Woo Woo! What a great story, it sounds like breakfast time was quiet the fun time. That would have been nice to be starting your day off with animals around you

Stay safe @outlander 

Where we live you can hear the cockatoos in the tress, the kangaroos bouncing around and see the eagles soaring above our land. It makes for a nice peaceful escape. Plus the dog barking at them all!!!

haha how lovely @CheerBear - just having that connection at a time where you aren't feeling great, sounds like it can really make a difference and even bring us out of our headspace for a bit!

Thats so cool @Snowie - I think for those that may not have pets, the animals outside in nature can really make just as much of an impact. Just by hearing them or observing them sometimes, its that connectedness without judgement that can help with wellbeing I think!

@outlander wrote:
Hi everyone 👋👋👋

Hi guys

Some cats know too much @CheerBear 

My cats are my kid and help with get though the bad and the good 

Hi and welcome @IZZE51 ! So great you could join us tonight. Do you have or have you had an animal or experience with animals in your life that has a positive impact on you or inspires you? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance