Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Trying to hide every day

Thinking of you today with the counselling appointment @GreenTree 

Your story is so true, he does have some good and loving qualities but as soon as the kids were born and he didn't get my sole attention that I gave him before kids he just changed. He wakes up every morning and thinks about himself where as I wake up and think about the kids, house and the dog and I am last on the list. I asked for family time for years, why is there such a thing as FAMLIY TIME, shouldn't it just happen, why did I have to ask all the time! 

Money as been a big issue too, he started his own business just before we had kids and I was working full time, a lot of the time he didn't have much work so he would go out sailing with a friend. So over the next 14 or so years he ran is business with a small amount of clients and when they went he ran his business into the ground. We had to sell our home and move to a different area as we couldn't pay the bills. He ended up getting work when I push really hard, but he is still upset that he gave up his own business (what business!). I don't spend money on myself (I am a natural looking woman) and I spent little on the kids, and he still thinks I spend money even when he spends money on his toys fishing gear, swimming, mountain bike that cost over $3,000 and more…

There is so much history and its hard when you know you have tried so hard to create a loving environment for your kids. I just wanted a family that spent some time together and had some fun.

@Weatherwax I hope you can work things out too.

@Lilaca You are amazing, your story is amaxing!

I have been a graphic designer for 26 years... and now I am a pottery/craft/creative. 

I have tried to make my family life based on my values but its been hard, will see how I go.

Thank you!

Hi @GreenTree,

We even share similar career. Smiley Very Happy I am currently shifting towards the community sector though and combine both skills together. Hope you are enjoying your work too. 

Actually I meant to delete my life story as I found it unneccessary, I didn't realise it was posted along together as I was having my breakfast while typing. Smiley Embarassed

You are the mother and mom always keeps the family together. There was one time I was walking in the park and caught sight of a mom pigeon leading 5 baby pigeons with dad pigeon following closely at the back. I was just smiling to myself trying to capture the moment with my phone camera when dad pigeon sensed danger and defensively tried to protect his troop. I backed off and gave them the space. Silly me trying to disturb their family moment. Smiley Embarassed

I am sure you can be the best mom you can ever be. Just surprise your family with a new you through little kindness acts scattered everyday, I am sure they will notice the difference and catch up with similar response. Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance