Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Loneliness

@Shaz51  Oh yummy. I could smash all of that food in your post in one sitting.

Now I want a cup of tea. LOL

G

@Bon_courage  Tres Bon. 
I’m Monday Supervisor at the Joondalup Women’s Shed.

I have an aptitude for woodworking. My Bestie @tonys  has seen my projects.

Table, chairs, stools, T-ball rack, seed packet box. Still working on two guitar racks.

Today one of the guys at the shed, gave me his unfinished project of four Mid Century chairs he rescued from the tip.

I really want to make a bed.

Every Shed is different. I’m self taught, out of necessity to be honest. Commercially there is so much badly made, ugly furniture. I begrudge spending my money on it, so got to make it.

I make plenty of mistakes, wood is like people, often unpredictable reactions to chemicals. It will split, crack, giveaway under pressure.

I would be quite happy to spend all day, everyday woodworking, nothing else makes me happier.

G

@Glisten 

How awesome. 

I sew quilts - I think like how you create woodwork. I only sew squares but I love LOVE sewing them. 

Cheers to you @Glisten 

Thankyou @PinkFlamingo I'll take your pink stole any day and wrap the feather boa round my neck in joint friendship. 

long-exposure-landscape-photography-15.jpg

Hey there @PeppyPatti ☺️🌺

Aw, you’re such a sweetheart! 
big hugs to you 🤗💜🌺

I hope your day goes well today, and you’re feeling good ☺️🌺

@PinkFlamingo @Do you think, with all your physical ailments…..so so much for you to bear…..

you can find joy in being open hearted? 

I think you do, always having the benefit of the doubt. 

although I try and imagine you and I cannot understand how tough it is when say getting petrol for your car, at nighttime…..

this is how I like to live my life. I’m very fortunate, the positives from my head injury is that I look at the positives and this is what attracted me to my ex husband, he also does this. He is more like a child though then his very high iq kicks in every now and again. 

Wood is like people. Truer words never spoken @Glisten  The driftwood some of us carry within.

Just got back home and thought I will back up a bit and eat crow on the loneliness thread.  Its not so hard to do the things I do. I have the means and body to take me where life calls me. 

For me to make suggestions to people and try and lay a path is not too hard, but  I know only too well

that some of you are trapped in almost inescapable situations. Glass bubbles and endless troubles.

I remember the letters of desperation we exchanged when I first met you @Glisten  and that was not so long ago. You built from absolutely nothing a kingdom of hope around you.  You and so many others on here clutching at this and that. Pictures, kind words from strangers A small patch of garden

or song, but mostly each others words.    People with nothing,     trying to create something.  

I find that a very powerful thing.  That makes everyone of you the hero's of the story.  Raw courage.

An army with less than nothing showing the demon what the human heart can do when we take our sticks and stones throw  them at loneliness.  

I had nothing once. Street person . An alcoholic Street person.  Run over by a van. Hospital then a cot in half way home. Autistic people get run over a lot.   A whole lot of me was broken and bed bound.  

A guy from the Salvo's gave me 3 things. A picture of Nelson Mandela, A picture of Steven Hawking and an old harmonica.   Now . .  I could already play the harmonica but, the message was in those pictures.    Over the agonizing months I played that tarnished hunk of metal till my lips bled, Put 

oil on my lips and kept playing till the sounds could take me into the dark misty, air moss everglades

and beyond. The bed rotted,  but the, rotten man,  outlived it. 

I play now and smile back to that time, knowing that for me,  there was no better place to be reborn than 

the world of nothing. 

I still leave the comfort of my home and swag it in the city now and then so I never forget what it was to truly feel alive.

Back to you.      I have no right to assume your pain or assume your swim to the light.  All I can say is 

while you have a mind, even an unwell mind, and if you love art, . . especially an unwell mind !,

you carry the light for yourself,   and for all of us.                   

@Bon_courage  and          Kind thoughts to all              tonys.

Thankyou @Healandlove  and @Lila3  @PinkFlamingo  @PeppyPatti  and your beaut pictures.

@Oaktree Hope the suns on your face mate. @cloudcore  @Shaz51  @Doldip15  @SmilingGecko 

@ENKELI  @greenpea  @Historylover  @TAB  n @StuF  @Adge  @Meowmy  @Jynx  @saturnzoon and everyone

just making their way.                     Thats my one post ration.  Have to bend the back n do some work.

@Glisten    thanks mate .  You are my little supper hero too. . .

TAB
Senior Contributor

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Wish we could share audio @tonys I would absolutely love to hear you ripping an exquisite, hauntingly beautiful melody on the harmonica. For some reason, it also makes a LOT of sense as an instrument you would play 😉

Keep on shining your light, friend. 

Hey @Jynx 

@tonys 

Do you think the harmonica represents loneliness from all those cowboy movies 🎥 ?? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance