Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Loneliness

Love this song 

japan-photography-tatsuto-shibata-02.jpg

Your doing better than me @tonys 

Me and Mr Rocker are flying over to Tasmania for a week or two. Love Tasmania. Only been to Shrug and downtown Hobart. 

• I'll bring my 🎸 guitar so can practice. I can only play classical. It's still um..... Melodic I guess. 

It's that or the sewing machine.

Chow.....nighty night 

25c9e3d048f8f4edb2d40b394ee9900b.jpg

Listening to @TAB s music. Iv eaten too much for dinner tonight...,

TAB
Senior Contributor

enjoy your trip @PeppyPatti 😊

@PeppyPatti  have you been introduced to @tonys  alternate western world of Tonys Twoguns aka Yosemite Sam. LOL

@Jynx could most likely find it

G

Hello @Glisten I can hear your passion for woodwork by reading your post.

Feels like such a gift to me. To hold a "passion", that makes us happy, possibly calms us and lets us focus on the present....and a passion/activity where one is always learning.

I do hope you get to tackle the "bed project" soon. 

Thanks a million for sharing.

PS: Mid-century chairs sounds pretty cool too. 🙂

@tonys 

Just wanted to say I'm truly touched by your beautiful words.

To me they sound like poetry - they speak of beauty and pain, of human experience, of love and connection and hope lots of hope.

Thank you so much!

Dear @PizzaMondo 

Wow what a question, loneliness had directed my life for many years. I study that book to get a real grip  in My beginnings. I unashamedly use AI and my support workers to help me- in the last 2 months iv been struggling with the first 2 chapters and introduction but I'm getting a good understanding. 

I initially reopened the thread because I felt loneliness has directed MY life for many years. I realised in memory I would beg and beg my math tutor, my mum friends any adult to help me move out of my families home. 

By coincidence at 15, I was hit by a car, clinically dead 7 times and coma 6 weeks. I was routinely kicked out of home almost every day when I got out of hospital...   

Anyway, I remember at 16 yrs old- I remember I went to bed and decided to get better. 

As I live my very small life,  my sons are not present in my life but because of @Glisten I understand that we all have hearts that need healing. 

As I wrote in a former thread 

My little girl inside my heart is safe. I feel her cuddled up asleep wrapped around inside my heart. I regularly talk to her. I give her love I missed out on. 

Thankyou. 

harvest-mice-tiny-lives-dean-mason-17.jpg

 and @TAB  I listen to Cowboy Junkies today. 

TAB
Senior Contributor

thats heavy @PeppyPatti 

take it easy..

Hey there @PeppyPatti 🤗🌺🙂

Yes, very much one of the things about in living within a body that entraps me is having a mind and heart that is free to live their own lives of joy 💜🙂

it’s like the more incapacitated I become, the less I live within the perceived constraints of such a thing ☺️

however you are right, it is functionally and logistically challenging, and the falls, injuries, and energy levels for any sustained tasks is difficult - that’s where I try to remember that if I saw someone else living alone like this, I’d have patience and understanding..that’s what I then try to remember for myself when it comes to feeling down for being in a body that isn’t quite the one I signed up for 🙂

Living in the positives does sound like a really nice way to live..there are many benefits that come from that, for sure 🌺🙂

@Bill16 

@Lite   @Lila3 @

@SmilingGecko @@greenpea @Oaktree  @cloudcore      @Doldip15          @St   @

I’m furiously sewing quilts to gift two quilts next week, I need to have them ready over the weekend…….

Thought 

I might check out men’s shed in Joondalup Monday morning but long way to travel………heard there’s a great coffee place there too. 

I heard that in this particular men’s shed, there’s a woman’s section and I wanna see what it can do for me. 

I love just sitting down somewhere and just staying un overwhelmed it really helps me because I get like this after having a head injury. 

Dearest @PinkFlamingo I read you. 

Do you trust your Gp ? Iv had terrible GPS in the past but a lot of my issues was that there was so much going on. I reread a letter from one of those awful GPS and she wrote that I was under severe stress. 

I wonder what that means to everyone ?? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance