Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Dizzylizzy
Casual Contributor

Secure rehabilitation centres

Has any one had experience with their mi son or daughter in one of these centres. Was it helpful to their moving foward . My 23 yo daughter is probably going into one on friday

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Secure rehabilitation centres

Hi @Dizzylizzy

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any members who have shared their experience with secure rehabilitation centres. How has the first day or so been for your daughter?

Nik

She is going in today if they have got a bed for her. Our social worker is coming in a few hours and we'll know then. My daughter has an involuntary orde and I was hoping someone might have some idea about what will happen but I guess I.ll find out soon enough. I've been going through this nightmare for three yrs. I cant believe my daughter's life has come to this. I feel so sad.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Dizzylizzy

I have had no experience with treatment centres and the only ones I have heard of are detox centres. Does your daughter self medicate?

On the lived experience side you might find someone who has spent time in one.

I do hope your daughter gets the help she needs. How are you going? Are you getting support for yourself?

Darcy

Hi @Dizzylizzy

Thinking of your during this tough time.

SANE has a factsheet about involuntary treatment that you might find helpful

Keep us updated and drop by whenever you need us!

Thank you all for replies. Because we are moving out of area in couple months they have left her at home with a social worker comming weekly or more to help us and try and get her in a place in our new area. We are having a bad day today, with her yelling shouting abit like a two year old tantrum because I dont have money for her to buy a book. A bit scary in a 23 yr old. Scrounged around and found enough to ny a drink of fanta. Now we are safely back home behind locked doors and she is back in her own world. So stressful.

Thinking of your during this tough time. @Dizzylizzy, sending you hugs and kep in touch my friend HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance