Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: not feeling good

Oh @BlueBay  ... my friend.  Can you take a few deep breaths and try to calm down a little?

Then when you're ready ... tell me ... is this your original psych or the one who looked after you during your latest hospitalisation?

I am here listening @BlueBay  and I care about you.  Its awful seeing you so worked up and upset.  

Sherry 💕

@Former-Member  I need to calm down 

I'm furious 

it's my original psych 

I'll come back later xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Okay @BlueBay  ... remember ... calm controlled breathing.

Talk later.  And maybe give more thought to transferring to the other psych you were so happy with in hospital.  I know you mentioned you were thinking about that before.

Sherry 

Hi @Former-Member  and others

I don't like this guys attitude.  He calls my name from his office door.  Doesn't even come to reception to call me.  So rude.  He room is about 20 steps away from reception.  It's like hes too important to come out and greet his patients.  

And then he goes and sits down and i have to close the door. Rude!!! Then he says that I need to do the DBT therapy group in Melbourne City.  I told him i can't because i can't afford it.  He then says 'oh but when you were working you still didn't go".  No because i couldn't justify having two days off a week and not get paid for it.  By this stage i was getting angry.  He has no empathy. he then says "you want everyone else to do things for you or fix things for you, but you are the one that needs to do it".  He then says that I need to be assertive.  FFS i have been passive myh whole life, you can't change to assertive by clicking your fingers.  it takes a lot of work, thinking things through and practise.  it doesn't happen overnight.  i told him "do you realise how hard it is to have BPD when i am emotional all the time.  

I told him i am doing ACT therapy at the local hospital and he didn't even say anything.  Well i don't care I am going to do what i am at the moment.  And that's it.

Communication at home - he said i need to start commjnicating and tell the family what I tell him in a session.  i told him that we as a family have never commjunicated like this before and it won't be easy.  i said my parents never commujnicated like he wants us to.  it feels very strange to do what he wants.  

i do get it, becasue communication is very important.

I told him i feel that he is attacking me to which he replied no that is yhour thinking and perception.  but i really felt that he was.

He asked me how often i see my doctor and what we talk about.  i told him we talk about physical stuff if i have any and he asks me about my mental health.  and i see him fortnightlyu as he is happy to do that. 

he now wants my psychologist to write to him.

I asked if i could stop one med as i was put on it in hospital and not having nightmares now.  he says "you chop and change meds all the time, no you need this med".  he said meds won't fix you, i don't know what will!!!!

At this stage i want to walk out, instead i sat there crying like a little girl being told off very badly.

I walked out, paid my bill (which i really thought he would have bulk billed me but he didn't) and got in my car

I drove around the corner and pulled over, i had to calm down.  

I called my doctor and he called back just now.  i told him i am calm now and glad he didn't take my call earlier as i wouldn't have been able to talk.

he was shocked at what i told him and apologised that it went so bad.  he said i have every right tyo not see him again if that's how i feel. 

my next appt is in May, bujt right now i don't want to see him.  things will change i am sure.

No @Former-Member  the nice psych in hospital said i can't see him at the clinic as he is in the same clinic as mine.  and he said it wouldn't be right.  I think thats rubbish, after all i am a paying patient.  and if i am not happy with one i should be able to see another.

I will discuss this more with my GP next week.

Now do you understand why i feel so invalidated, alone and scared.

Damn psych, he is good with meds (apparently) but so damn rude and no empathy towards his patients.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes @BlueBay  I understand. I would likely feel the same.

Such a pity you werent able to continue seeing the other psychiatrist. Perhaps your GP can do something about that.

Thanks @Former-Member for your understanding xxx

@Former-Member @Owlunar @Shaz51 @Maggie 

snd others 
When I got home I said to hubby "we need to work out what will we do if I don't get a job by March" he's reply oh I don't know. Great help he is. 

I then emailed the loan manager at our bank and asked if we can lower our repayments for at least 6 months. 

im angry at the world 

angry at myself 

Am I thst bad that I can't do things 

I think hubby doesn't communicate because he's never had to because I did everything - psy all bills, transfer money into other account. I was getting phone calls if bill was overdue. 
it's my fault. 

BPD sucks I hate it so much 

it really defines me 

this is me and I want to scream 

I feel hurt by his attitude and comments 

I feel like hibernating 

it's so hard 

I want to control my emotions better 

I'm going 

hiding away is prob better 

why can't I be better 

be ok with my life 

I'm angry again 

@Owlunar  hope you're ok. I had a bad appt with my psych. 

am I really thst bad like he says. 
Do I really do these things 

I can't be assertive just like thst 

ive been passive my whole life 

54yrs of passive and now I need to be assertive - how

I'm crying 

I think my psych hates me 

he's wasting his time 

is it me??

you know sometimes I just want to die 

I can't deal with this 

I'm so stressed 😥 😢 

@Former-Member @Molliex @MDT @Shaz51 

Anger is back 

angry at a few things 

I don't know if I should 

feeling invalidated hurts so much 

I hate when professionals don't understand 

I'm crying because I'm genuine I'm not making things up 

it's all real 

BPD is so bloody hard to live with 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance