Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

@Captain24 rough afternoon for you hun. I'm sitting here next to you, what do you think would be most helpful for you? Discuss, or distract? Email check in? 

I’ve just gotten to work @Jynx. I would have called in sick but for us it’s still a public holiday and we aren’t allowed to. 

I guess it’ll be a distraction though. 

Thank you for thinking of me. 

Talk tomorrow? 

@Captain24 sure thing hun, tag me when you're around and I'll chat to ya tomorrow arvo. I hope work goes swiftly for you 🤞💜

@Captain24  I'm sorry you weren't OK yesterday 😢

How did work go?

I guess you'll be alseep now...hope you can rest well and that work tonight goes well 🤞

@Captain24 💕💕

Hi @NatureLover @Snowie.

Thank you both. 

Im really tired, I haven’t been to bed yet but I’m going to try and get an hour and a half in before I have a meeting for my tafe course. 

I don’t work tonight so I don’t have to worry about that but not sleeping properly isn’t going to help me out at all. 

I hope you both have a good day. 

Hi @Captain24 

I hope your meeting for Tafe goes well. 

Will be around if you need some company.

I’ve slept all afternoon so now I’m not as tired so that’s good. 

I forgot to pick up my scripts so I’m out of some for tonight. I guess that’s not very helpful. Plus day 3 of quitting smoking again. 

I’ve made a mess of things! 

I have a few concerns about my the 2 sides of me but I also had an out of body experience. Does this mean I am losing my mind? 

@Captain24 ! How are you? So good to see you.

How'd your stint of work go last week?

Nah @Captain24 out of body experiences aren't that uncommon. Some folks can even purposefully activate them (through lots of training, kinda like lucid dreaming). 

I reckon it's potentially just a result of heightened stress - and nicotine withdrawal probably isn't helping! 

You could look at it like... You had to suppress soooo much for so long just to survive. Then you started to unpack it all, started building skills to be able to better manage your trauma responses, so some stuff that's been repressed is bubbling up. Doesn't mean you're losing your mind hun. And you can always buzz the helpline or a crisis line if stuff gets super scary. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance