Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

@Birdofparadise8 I didn't want to say I'll be around, get your hopes up and then not be there when you needed to talk. I'll be taking my laptop and phone but I don't know what we'll be doing apart from a couple of things mum wants to do. 

I understand re your aunt and uncle. It was something that I thought of but you know them better than I do and as you say, they probably have plans and for them to say no would just make you feel worse.

Pucking Around, lol as soon as I read the title I figured it had to do with hockey. Sounds like it should be a good read. I just read the details on the BigW site, I can well imagine it to be a spicy little novel that will keep you occupied! Not my cup of tea anymore but it would have been when I was younger. 

Anything interesting on Disney+ or TV? 

This is why I do diamond paintings. They take little effort but pass the time. I'm also looking on Seek for jobs

That's kind of you @ENKELI 

What does she want to do? 

Yes, hockey, doctor and sex. 

Grey's Anatomy has just started up season 20. 

I ordered one, which was delivered, but I never got a text from the uni res to pick it up. 

Oh, one thing with the white pencil you had, is the "lead" made of wax?

@Birdofparadise8 yes the pencil has a waxy "lead" and you sharpen it as you need. What a pain that the res didn't tell you.

Not sure what mother wants to do. She reckons she wants to swim in the ocean one more time before she falls off the perch (her words) so we will go to the beach. I'm hoping it won't be too windy so we can spend some time down there just walking around and enjoying the beach. There is also a museum we will probably visit and possibly go to the Pinnacles for a look around. It's quite interesting. 

pinnacles-desert-lookout-and-drive-nambung-national-park-amanda-smith-01.jpg

Okay thanks, @ENKELI 

Oh gosh, falling off the perch. How old is she? 

That sounds fun. 

@Birdofparadise8 I also forgot to say it will be around 1.30pm your time when we leave and it's a 2 hour trip.

Mum is 81. She is still in really good health for her age but like most people of her generation she smoked so has some lung damage. I think she uses it as an excuse to get us to go on weekends away with her!

Oh were you wanting to get there by lunch time @ENKELI

Well, she did better than Granny. She died at 78. 

@Birdofparadise8 we don't really have a time to get there. We can't get into our hotel room until 2 so we may even leave later. I'll be calling my mum after church tomorrow morning to work it out.

That's sad about your grandmother. My nana passed away in her 70's too I think. She had cancer. 

I like to think mum will be around for a good few years yet. 

I am procrastinating, I need to have a shower and dye my hair, plus pack but I think I'll leave it until the morning.

Right okay @ENKELI 

I hope she has a few years left as well. 

What colour do you die your hair?

Have a good easter @tyme @Jynx 

See you both next week. 

Have a good evening @Birdofparadise8 ,

Speak next week.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance