Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Nothing

Hi @TheVorticon 

I am sorry you are feeling this way and that you feel like you have no support on the forums.

Am here for awhile if you want to talk.

Lol like going away and not trying to talk to people on the forums @pamplemousse yeah nice try.

Thanks for the offer @Snowie I'm at work so maybe another time

@TheVorticon hope work goes ok for you 

Hey @TheVorticon, it must be disappointing to reach out and not hear back from anyone.

I wonder what your experience has been when you have reached out and supported other people's posts? Another trick is to tag people you usually connect with so they know you have posted. You are valued and worthy of support.

Take care,

Sphinxly.

@Sphinxly I don't think you do "wonder" - I think you're trying to say that if I helped other people more then other people would be more likely to help me. And if that's what you're saying then please just say that rather than using a fake question.

When I've done that - sometimes it works out OK for the person I've tried to support, sometimes it's helpful for them sometimes it's not, sometimes they don't acknowledge my post for reasons that are up to them. But mostly I don't relate to their thing, or I get triggered by reading it, especially if they're getting support for their thing if I've had to handle mine on my own. In the past on a different forum I spent hours supporting others but wouldn't be able to support myself and would routinely need to use helplines etc when other forum members couldn't support me in a way I found helpful. But when it comes to here I know there'll be even less to fall back on and I've had to adapt my strategy. 

Maybe just because of the way I express myself or just because of who I am - I can't relate to people nor them to me.

There's no one that I talk to regularly on here anymore. A couple of members (especially Community Guides) have tried over the years but obviously have their own things to do and it's unfair for any of them to "get stuck" dealing with me, and some people have left the forum. I'm not comfortable tagging people into my bullshit mess.

I think reality is that no, I'm not worthy of support. A broken toaster gets thrown out, not supported. 

I hear you've tried some different ways of connecting with others @TheVorticon and sometimes it is helpful and other times not. Your wellbeing is important to us so I will send you an email shortly to talk more about how we can support you here and make it feel like a safe and caring space for you.

If you would like to speak to someone directly today for support I do encourage you to contact our Help Centre on 1800 18 7263, or chat to us via our website. 

Talk soon,

Sphinxly

Hi @TheVorticon  I’m sorry you feel the way do. That sux.

Are you doing anything tonight? I’m travelling back home after visiting my son in hospital.

Sending lots of love

💜

Hi @TheVorticon 

I’m just dropping by to see how you’re going. and to let you know I’ve been thinking about you.

Take care

🤗👍

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance