Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Caelum
New Contributor

ADHD

Hello 👋 

I've been exploring a mental health diagnosis since the beginning of this year. I first saw a psychologist in January to talk about adult autism I was later referred by my GP to see a psychiatrist. My psychiatrist diagnosed me with ADHD primarily inattentive. I've started on [medication] and it's been going OK... still adjusting to learning about myself and I think that the medication is helping to control my thoughts and emotional impulses and agitation. Hoping to hear from others who are going through the same thing. 

2 REPLIES 2
tyme
Community Lead

Re: ADHD

Hey @Caelum ,

Welcome to the forums. There are certainly many here who can relate to what you are going through.

I myself don't have ADHD, but I'm sure others can share their insights with you.

You might be interested in connecting to the following thread:

Wait what did I come into this thread for again? Oh yeah, ADHD! 

Re: ADHD

Hi @Caelum 

Hope this finds you well and glad that you have found yourself here.  I have found that the more I learn, the more I educate myself. All of which helps me understand who I am.  In a weird sort of way, being diagnosed helped me understand why I do what I do.  Medication does help and stick with it, even though at times it doesn't seem to do much.  I have learned that medication smooths out the rough edges making things a wee bit easier to cope with.

Not sure about you, but my phone lights up with all the reminders of things I musnt forget.  Anyways lovely to virtually meet you 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance